• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fatigue

I'm tired all the time.....maybe I suggest getting your vitamin d and iron checked as these both pose problems with fatigue if lacking in anyone.....

Did they specifically check your Vit levels? David usually talks about the B vit. and Vit D.

I am pretty sure....... I think.....

David?

Lauren

David

Co-Founder
I did have my blood work done lately and the doctor didn't say anything...
They probably did routine blood tests that would rule out anemia as that can certainly lead to fatigue. Everyone calling for vitamin and mineral testing has definitely hit the mark. Specifically ask them to test your vitamin B12, vitamin D, and magnesium levels (and any other vitamins and minerals they're willing). People with Crohn's Disease are commonly deficient in them and deficiency can lead to fatigue and a whole host of other problems.

Another common cause of fatigue is dehydration. Make sure you're getting enough water and electrolytes.

And finally, we have a wiki entry on fatigue located here that has some other ideas for you to discuss with your doctor.

I hope you feel better soon :)