• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fatigue

I have read that when starting Entyvio that fatigue can be a side effect. Is there anything I can do to offset this!

I have read that when starting Entyvio that fatigue can be a side effect. Is there anything I can do to offset this!

Everyone is really different as far as side effects go for Entyvio.... hydration before the infusion helps some. A lot of people have no side effects from Entyvio

I think I slept for 18 hours the first time I was given vedolizumab. I thought it was just me so I'm glad to know it happens to others too!

It did get better though. I'm now on my...*thinking*...7th? 8th? infusion- I still am tired and "off" for the rest of the day after the infusion, and I am slightly light-headed for a bit after, but I don't have to sleep all day and night to make it feel better either.

I get my infusions on Friday. I sleep Sat and Sun the week of. I am usually very tired the first two weeks but it lightens up the next six. Things I have tried: drink mixes with B vitamins, drinking 8 glasses of water daily, liquid diet so less energy is spent on digestion. Hope you are one of the lucky ones that have no side effects!

Side-effects I think I've experienced from Entyvio:
hair-loss (complete)
tingling/pain in tips of fingers
fatigue on day of infusions

that's it though- other than this I'm basically asymptomatic for the whole disease now. Entyvio is magic.

Let us know how it works for you!