• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Favorite SCD recipes

Super easy and Son said this was "very good". :ylol2:

Basic Pizza Crust

1 lg egg
1 t olive oil
1 C almond flour
1/4 t salt
Mix together well and spread out on a greased baking sheet to a 6" circle. Put the pizza in a cold oven and heat to 300 F. Cook until golden brown and crisy, about 30 minutes (I cooked it 25 minutes).
Top and return to oven and bake another 20 minutes. (I baked it 15 minutes and then put in under the broiler for a couple).

This soup was a childhood favorite of my husband's and it's SCD legal (if you leave out the potatoes).

Hamburger Soup

2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 lb organic grass fed ground beef
1 lb green peas
1 lb string beans
3 or 4 carrots, chopped
3 or 4 celery stalks, chopped
small can of legal whole tomatoes, with juice
salt and pepper to taste

Cook onion on medium low, in a mixture of oil and butter (or just oil to keep it dairy free) about 3 Tablespoons, until it is carmelized, while stirring every few minutes. Takes about 10 or 15 minutes. Add ground beef and brown, add everything else and enough water to make it soup. Cook in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes or a crockpot for 5 hours.

Last edited:
Cheese Bread

2.5 C almond flour
1/4 C butter
1 t baking soda
1/8 t salt
3 eggs
1 C cheddar cheese

Beat eggs and mix everything together well. Put in a greased loaf pan and bake for an hour at 350.

My son likes it sliced and toasted with cheese on top.

Found 2 more SCD recipes that my son adores! :)

Top Secret Recipes: Wendy's Chili.
And Alton Brown's Lentil Soup.

Another winner from Alton Brown. "Winter Vegetable Soup". It's vegan and SCD if you use SCD soy sauce sub. (coconut aminos) Delicious and healthy! :)