• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fearful!

I am new here and dont know whats wrong. I hate doctors and fear them. I dont get along with them either. so that being said about a year ago I noticed the shape of my stomach had changed.I have had gut problems all my life such as diahrrhea and stomach pains but it never stopped my life. anyway It seemed a bit swollen ( I weighed 88 pounds at the time just a tiny thing) and now my stomach is so big I look like I am 4 months pregnant and i have gained like 30 pounds over night! Its awful. I get severe pain if I eat so mostly I just dont and oddly enough have lost no weight. In fact I have gained! How is that possible? now my arms legs and face and neck are swollen. I have severe pain in me bum and regular bleeding there. I am a walking nightmare and just keep thinking well I wont be here much longer to keep suffering this way but the suffering just gets worse! If doctors really cared about people then I would not be suffering and neither would anyone else. How can I get my belly to go down? I spend most of my time just being fearful and in a lot of pain because I dont know whats wrong. The neck swelling has me worried. I dont have a bowel obstruction as things are working in that area but they are liquid and alot of pain. I can always feel anything that goes through my digestive tract the entire journey it takes. i have been diagnosed with barretts esophagus years ago and cant have it checked anyway.

Last edited:

nogutsnoglory

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It sounds like your stomach is distended which could be a sign of a bowel obstruction. Are you passing gas/stool normally or just running without anything substantial coming out? Do you have a fever? Vomiting?

Here are some possible causes for a swollen stomach http://www.healthline.com/health/abdomen-swollen

If you are looking 4 months pregnant overnight and in pain I think you really should goto the ER.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome. I don't care how much you hate doctors, you need to go see one. Find a loved one to support you and go with you. But please, go.

Ladyjanec,

I know it can be frustrating and even frightenng at times to deal with this disease but I have to agree with the others hete. You must go to the doctor. If you suspect a bowel obstructiion that's nothing to ignore - you need immediate medical attention - please go to the ER.

I'm so sorry you are going thru such a tough time. Please don't give up. Try to find a doctor you can feel comfortable with. Sometimes it takes switcing doc's to find tne right connection.

Take care.

thanks for the replies! I know I dont have an obstruction. I do know that I had hep b at the age of 15.no idea how i got it and every kid in the neighborhood had it but that damaged my liver. i dont know if this is related since the swelling is all over now. Its quite distressing!

David

Co-Founder
I'm not so worried about an obstruction as other potential complications. I think it is extremely important that you head to the doctor. Let them help alleviate that distress that you're feeling.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hey, sorry I've only just seen this, I really sympathize with being frustrated with doctors, sometimes it feels like they just aren't listening to you, I battled for years to get my doctors to pay attention and do something about it.

However, a situation like this can not be ignored, it could be any number of conditions and complications and they can't be left to chance. If we sound like we are being harsh or pushy it's because we care and we don't want to see you get sicker. Please, please go and get checked out, even if it's just to find out it's not something that needs urgent treatment. Whatever it is we will all be here to support you through it. Don't take the chance.