• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fecal Calprotecin Test Result Positive

So my test result came back as positive for elevated calprotecin.

Got an apt with my GP on Monday morning to go through next steps. Will be a referral to GI I assume. I'm a bit scared now though. Don't really know how to feel ... :ack:

I am so sorry but think of it this way that once they figure things out youcan start meds and feeling better. I assume you havent been diagnosed yet?

Hi Christi. Yes I am undiagnosed at the moment. My GP has now made an urgent referral to the hospital for a colonoscopy and said my appointment should be through within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully after that I will get a diagnosis so that I can get some medication to make me better. My GP has given me some buscopan in the meantime to try and ease the cramping a little.

Hi GemmaH i am so sorry what do they suspect it could be? Maybe you should also eat softer lighter food so thats it not so hard on your stomach. I hope you get an appointment quiker than two weeks. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Are the buscopan helping at all?

Hi Christi. They suspect Crohns or Ulcerative Colitis. I hope the appointment comes as soon as possible as I have been struggling for 6 months now :-(. They have only just given me the buscopan today so I have just taken the first lot and I guess I will have to wait to see if it will work.

6 Months are to long i hope the buscopan helps. please keep us updated of your situation, and know that this is a really supportive group :)