• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fecal calprotectin result

Have to say it was so nice to do a test that didn't involve a horrible prep, for a change! I did the test a few weeks ago and called the surgery for the result. My GP called me back and, thought she wasn't familiar at all with the test, said she 'did some homework.' I love her!
She said my result is 70 and, although 50 is the upper limit of normal, people without IBD can have 70 and no other problems. She said the results have gone off to my GI and that he may decide to repeat the test.
So I guess it's the waiting game again, but even if there is active disease, it's mild with that result.
So pretty good news - and I am still feeling really well after the surgery. Happy, happy.