• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fecal Incontinence Support Group

Faecal incontinence is the worst thing about my disease, I live my life in fear so much of the time and it stops me from doing so many things. A cruise, a walk in the country, a day trip on a coach, all have been out of the question for the past year. I have to make appointments at dentist's, vet's etc for times I hope I am less likely to need the toilet, but it's difficult and so often I end up having to rush because I've suddenly lost control. All very grim.

Lizzie i completely sympathise with you! My life has been the same for almost 2 years now, not being able to do anything or enjoying the things i use to do. I feel like i plan everything around my bathroom trips x

It's miserable. For two months, I have been dealing with it daily. Rarely leaving my house. I've had Crohn's over twenty years and incontinence has never been this bad. It will just leak out with no warning. I hate it.

It's happening to me more and more. Yesterday was the last time. Luckily I was at home. None of the doctors ever seem to address the problem though I just don't know what to do

scottsma

Although I've never been incontinent,through luck and good management,I understand completely the stress "urgency" causes.I've had this and tenesmus for over 10 years.
But Loperamide is my saviour.I don't make appointments before mid morning,and that gives me time to get things under control,more or less.But I have had to leave waiting rooms prior to appts.and have had to leave the shopping trolley in the aisle, at times

My most embarrassing-humiliating-funny episode was right after my last scope. I didn't make it out of the bed and I could see the restroom directly across the hall. I finished it off in the trash can which had a fresh trash bag. My mom was with me and we laughed so hard. What else could I do??? Nothing. I stunk up that whole side of the recovery wing. Eventually I did make it to the restroom and could hear the nurse spraying airfreshner;-/
I can laugh about it, but it was horrible.

Last edited:
I gave birth to my son, c-section. Waking up, a few hours later, finally, got to hold my baby. Suddenly, the urge was upon me, what do I do with the baby, where is the toilet, what do I do? I put the baby onto the bed, used the commode next to the bed, and wham! Next thing I new, the sister came in, saw what happened, scolded me thoroughly, lifted the baby and told me I was not going to be able to see him the rest of the day! I also realized it was a large ward of mothers with the new babies. It was a situation I could not control, naturally the sister never had children, so, I knew she would not understand.

I gave birth to my son, c-section. Waking up, a few hours later, finally, got to hold my baby. Suddenly, the urge was upon me, what do I do with the baby, where is the toilet, what do I do? I put the baby onto the bed, used the commode next to the bed, and wham! Next thing I new, the sister came in, saw what happened, scolded me thoroughly, lifted the baby and told me I was not going to be able to see him the rest of the day! I also realized it was a large ward of mothers with the new babies. It was a situation I could not control, naturally the sister never had children, so, I knew she would not understand.
I don't think she should have done that.

Lynda Lynda

These are older posts here, but thanks for sharing ! When I was still working at my job I pooped in my pants right before my 7am start time. I worked on the 8th floor, but I was down near the big lobby when it happened. So I found the large handicapped restroom and cleaned myself up ( disgusting ) and still went to work ( the thought of going home didn't occur to me, probably my strong work ethics in play.) I arrived to my desk late ( tardy) but worked all day. I hope I cleaned myself up so no one noticed / smelled. Who knows.:ack: