• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fed up with Crohn's!

I've been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. This happened after my insides decided to explode, quite randomly and rather dramatically, one day just over a year ago. This came as quite a shock. Especially after 27 perfectly healthy years of trouble free living.

After a year of unimaginable depression, stubborn denial, various coloured tablets, burst stoma bags, new mattress's and bed sheets, sleepless nights and unrelenting 4am bathroom visits I am finally being given the reverse-o-ostomy operation to put my bowels back together again with the hope that I will once again be able to flatulate and pass out my unwanted food stuffs. Terrific!

Obviously I am concerned about the surgery but not as concerned as I am about the tremendous aches and pains i've been suffering in my back which I feel will continue long after my bowels have repaired themselves.

In many ways this problem has been more damaging to my life than the bowel issues could ever be. I've recovered excellently from my initial flare up and life saving surgery but my back has stopped me from doing the best part of everything I enjoyed doing and about half of all normal daily routine activities.

Today I feel very tired, fatigued, depressed and alone so i've decided to join this forum and look for similar sufferers to share my experiences with. I just need to know i'm not alone because it sure as hell feels like it!

So if anyone else out there is suffering the same, get in touch. I'd like to hear your story.

Thanks for reading,
Mike