• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling a bit lost.....again!

Hello people,

I'll apologise for the spelling mistakes or bluntness now as I haven't slept and don't have the energy to go bavk and correct them!

I haven't been on here for a few weeks, not been in a good place but received a diagnosis of GERD via SBFT a few weeks ago. My consultant seems sure that this loose stomach valve I have (as my symptoms go the heartburn/acid really wasn't high up on my list) can be causing the severe pain, swollen belly, blood in stool, diarrhoea etc etc. I was sceptical but obviously am running with the treatment as it's still something that needs to be rectified!

There hasn't been any improvement in my symptoms, I still have daily achy, sometimes sharp stabby like pain, still have diarrhoea with occasional bouts of v painful constipation (5 months now), still have more pain after eating, ans still can go from feeling bloated to feeling hungry and back again in a matter of minutes.

To top this off I spent last night on the sofa in the fetal position and haven't been able to sleep as a result of the pain, I feel like I've regressed rather than the outcome I should be getting. I've booked a doctor's appointment for four tjis afternoon and am now finding thst I'm praying for some answers again.

I've just thought I don't really know what I'm expecting back from this post but it's been good just to get things off my chest again, even though this isn't even the half of it! I thought my health recovery journey was very slowly drawing to a close, and then last night occured and flipped that right back on it's a**e!
Thanks for reading through my current 'situation' and I hope that everybody is in the best place they can be right now. I still don't even know if I belong jere as I haven't been diagnosed with an IBD, but it's certainly been a help to date so thank you all.

Take care of yourselves,

Craig

Sorry things are not so good right now, I also seem to have a good week and then "bang" it's back to feeling rubbish again. This disease has really knocked my confidence and sometimes I just don't even want to leave the house. Anyway, that's enough of that and I do find it really helps to come on the Forum and discover we are certainly not alone and others are feeling the same. Hope things improve for you. Shirleyb

Sorry to hear that you are not doing well, hopefully the docs appt this afternoon will give you some necessary answers and help.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
My consultant seems sure that this loose stomach valve I have (as my symptoms go the heartburn/acid really wasn't high up on my list) can be causing the severe pain, swollen belly, blood in stool, diarrhoea etc etc.
I'd want a second opinion on that. That can happen in very extreme cases but as you mentioned the heartburn and acid wasn't high on the symptom list so I'm with you on being skeptical and would want to see someone else about it. People with Crohn's are at a higher risk of getting Heartburn, acid reflux and GERD so its very possible that you could have both.

Don't worry about feeling like you don't belong here. This site isn't just for people who have been diagnosed because there are a lot of people out there who walk around with no diagnosis yet suffer from gastrointestinal issues. We don't shun people even if they wind up having something other than IBD. You're welcome to come here anytime. Even friends or family members who know someone with IBD or someone who hasn't been diagnosed are welcome on this site as well (or even anyone who's just interested in learning about it for what ever reason). :)