• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling a little blue

Hello all,

I know I've been MIA, but I also know this is a wonderful place to come for support and advice.

My CD is fairly stable, but I wouldn't say in remission at the moment....if it's even Crohn's. Since Feb. I've been having terrible joint pain...hands and feet especially. I was finally able to see a rheumi in July, but before we could figure anything out I found out I waspregnant with #3. I am happy. I adore my children :). It's just that my joints seem worse every day, can hardly get out of bed, and this time I'm nauseous 10 hours a day. I would just like a break from feeling like crap!!! My allergies and eczema have been RIDICULOUS this year, I just had an outbreak of cold sores (nose, eye,mouth). Why does my body hate me?? Does anyone else just feel like their body is constantly attacking them? I'm afraid I'm becoming depressed and that I'm a huge burden on my family...a bad mom, wife, sister, daughter. AHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm so far from the Lord right now. I don't know what to do.

Sorry for this depressing post. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey Kirsten, you have alot on your plate. I found since the birth of my daughter, it wasnt long before I became so ill, I couldnt get out of bed, shortly after was a dx of Crohns. I think, that having children can wreak havoc on our hormones and cause a whack of lovely symptoms that haunt us not long after birth. I have cold sores all the time, used think it was because I was on flagyl...I get a few episodes of them through the month...then yippee, my days come along and cause swelling and pain. I have arthritis that comes and goes, and feet pain. It is ok to come vent here, we all need a shoulder to dump our problems and get fully understood! Sooner or later, we feel like you one time or another. Having 3 kids is a job in itself. Don't beat yourself up...your children will in time understand and grow up to be compassionate individuals. Dont' worry about the others, being good to your kids and yourself is priority. Hang in there, take it one day at time. My theory if we forget so smile or dont remember how...hang upside down on the frown days. :(!!