• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling anxious

So I'm seeing my new consultant tomorrow as my professor retired just before Christmas . I was in a&e last week due to feacel discharge. I'm worried as they said I could have a hole in my colon, Dx crohns 2012. I'm worried as I feel as I have gone right back to the beginning, as I have got to start a fresh with new consultant. I just hope I can get the right treatment now, as I feel I have had no one to turn to.

He had arranged a Mri scan in the next few weeks, also he is not sure about my right side upper pain? My crohns is not active at the min as the azathioprine is working. Also he thinks I should see a gynaecologist as well. Not sure if new consultant yet as this was my first visit. He also said my crp was raised. I have got to go back in 3 months.

He didn't say it wasn't active, I have had lots of pain before a bm in my upper right and lower abdomen, and bm every other day 4-5 times.

What would be the cause of raised crp?

Hi there. My CRP is high during flares. It registers inflammation in the body. Everyone is different, but in my case my CRP shows as a marker for a flare. My doctor does blood tests when I'm "well" and compares them to when I'm ill. That's how we figured that out.