• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling Light-headed or dizzy?

Hey Everyone!

I was just curious if anyone is feeling light-headed, dizzy, or fatigued while on any medication for crohn's? Today I suddenly felt really dizzy and faint when I was leaving work. I'm at home right now in bed just trying to eat and relax. Is anyone dealing with these symptoms? I'm eating as best as I can but a lot of foods don't agree with my stomach and I would rather stick to a few foods that I know are fine. :frown:

theOcean

Dizziness is one of the symptoms to mention to your doctor. If this is your first week on azathioprine, though, I found that it caused dizziness and brainfog for me. But after the first week, I had no symptoms and was totally fine on it. It seems that a lot of people are affected the first week or so.

Are you getting regular blood tests for it? I would recommend getting one done anyway to check your iron.

It's my second day on azathioprine they told me that I should get blood tests done in 2 weeks of taking the medication. I really don't want to take this medication though...it's scary. Do you feel any better from taking it or notice a difference at all?

theOcean

It may just be from the first week of taking it, then. If you find your symptoms become unmanageable, or if you get the ones it warns about, contact your GI.

By the time I was put on Imuran, I had already been on Remicade so it didn't seem very scary, haha. :p I was already in remission when I had started taking it, but I will likely have to go back on it or some other form of immunosuppressant because my illness is so severe. Think of it this way: if it works for you, it may save you from getting sick and having to go on an even stronger medication in the future.