• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling odd lately

I have a lot of stress going on in my life right now. I don't necessarily feel like I am on the verge of of a flare, but definitely have some odd things going on.

-I don't drink a lot, but when I do I feel like I either never really feel drunk or I get drunk super fast...like there is no in between. Usually I don't really feel drunk. Maybe buzzed at first, then nothing.

-I do walk more at work than before, but not twice as much even. Still I am slowly losing weight. I eat the same as before and even more at times, but still my weight stays the same or is less. I have had people comment on the fact that I have lost weight. I wanted to lose a few pounds so I'm happy about that, but never just dropped weight unless flaring.

- I get more sleep than I have in the past...but still I am tired. I figure this is just stress.

- I feel emotional at times...like overly emotional. Usually I am pretty even keeled.

Could this be some other underlying issue, perhaps a vitamin deficiency? I just had all my blood work done and everything looked great so I am a bit confused by all this. Just trying to see if anyone has experienced any of this at all.

Thoughts???

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Teeny5, I can lose weight if stressed, so it may be that causing it, but do mention to your doc, incase it's not !.. As for the drink , i rarely drink as after one or two i can be on the loo the next day, seems to go right through as it were, so i can't say i have noticed any of what you said with that one . Im sure some one else may have , and will let you know soon .. take care n best wishes..

I think it would be worth a visit to your Dr unplanned weight loss could be a sign your crohns is being more active or you could have picked up some viral infection.the drink thing I wouldn,t be bothered about being drunk or happily tipsy is a state of mind if i,m in a good mood with good company 2/3drinks i,m Mr happy other times I could drink a bucket load and i,m sober.good luck all the best