• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling slightly gratified

So, my sister in law has been pretty sick the past couple days, diarrhea, nausea, some vomitting, stomach pain, pretty much what i've had, some off and on, for the past 5 months, and just said to me "i was thinking about you today, wondering if this is how you feel every day and how much it must suck to feel so rotten all the time"

i didn't have much to say, just yeah, it sucks, i really hope you get better soon, but i have to say, it kind of made me feel good, in a bad way......Obviously i want nobody to go through what i am, but it feels kind of nice for someone to recognize how miserable it is to feel sick for a couple days, let alone 5 months!

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
At least she recognizes that you are ill.....Although none of us wish this disease on anyone, we all know that healthy people really don't get it, and a small taste of what it is like can help them be empathetic....

deffinately. :) She's an RN, so she's been very good to talk to through it all, but again, it's hard to get it until you just really feel crappy. I mean heck, my Mom has Crohns, and i mean, she's been lucky and very rarely flares, no maintenance meds, etc., but i was completely ignorant to what this disease can really do.

LOL, my wife just had a 4 day stomach virus-y thing. She was puking and had diarrhea, the whole nine yards. I must admit that some part of me laughing on the inside!

It is really relieving to know some one else understands a little bit. Now forever whenever she hears some one say that you are sick, she wi;; be on your side and telling them about how bad it actually can be.

Whenever my husband has stomach problems he always says "I think I have Crohn's". He is joking, of course. But it's his way of saying "I sympathize with what you go through". In a strange way, it always makes me feel better. I think we all need that little bit of empathy whether we like to admit it or not.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I understand too Shady.. my husband had bad gas, cramping and bloat, and he never gets that and says, wow, now I have an instance of what you go thru... and I said "Yep and now you have to throw in the excruciating pain and you got it!"

I understand too. U just get this feeling of sort of sadistic happiness! Its even worse when they dnt think about u and complain all the time. I just think 'Try being me mate!'
It was nice of her to say that :)
x x x

xX_LittleMissValentine_Xx said:
I understand too. U just get this feeling of sort of sadistic happiness! Its even worse when they dnt think about u and complain all the time. I just think 'Try being me mate!'
It was nice of her to say that :)
x x x
Me too.

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Pam, don't feel guilty about it. I'm the same way. Secretly, I want my dad to get a bad case of the runs so he'll start to understand me better.