• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling so bad...and wondering

Has anyone else noticed that they have excruitating cramps or gas pains upon sudden movement ie; bending, walking, etc.

I've been having horrible gas cramps and pain. I know this is normal with Crohns and I am flaring right now. But if I'm laying down and go to turn from left side to right side, I can feel what seems like my intestines shifting around and then BAM!!!!!!! the pain starts to kick in and I cramp/seize up for about 1-2 minutes. The pain is so bad I break out in a sweat everytime it happens.

Yesterday while doing laundry I went to put clothes into the dryer and the bending motion triggered one of those episodes again. I've been having them for the past year now. When I eat I literally have to sit and not move for 30 minutes to an hour because if I get up and start moving or walking I cramp/seize.

I'm at work running off of 2 hours of sleep because last night was the worst episode yet. This time I almost couldn't breath and was about to go to the ER before I finally managed to fall asleep.

Anyone else have this?

I have had those types of sharp pains. I also was up last night all night and now I'm at work..just didn't want you to feel alone (or me either perhaps) :hug: Although, I've been told I have IBS .. :eek2:

i've had random sharp pains in my gut when i move, also. it's really annoying when it happens at work..nothing as intense as what you're describing, though. i'm sorry it's so crippling for you..ask your doctor if there's anything he/she can tell you about it. i don't know if there really is anything you can do to make it go away....?

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Yup, I get sharp gas pains, too. And as you said, movement can make them worse.

Have you tried gas-x? It sometimes can help relieve my symptoms if it isn't too bad.

I get those bad pains, too, but it's not usually gas for me. It's just random pain that takes my breath away and makes me break out in a sweat. It happens 2-4 times/day.

Yeah i have those pains too tonight stood up and then i got th bad cramping pain in my stomach it was awful then i had it several times after to me it felt like the onset of a really bad flare,i am currently having a flare up but not one were i end up in hospital. hope u feel better!xx

I had those when i found out i had a abscess in my small intestine from my crohns. They hurt like crazy and even my cramping meds wouldn't make them go away! It got to the point that i couldn't sit or stand to make them go away.

Last nite in particular was awful i had bad stomach cramps they were so bad a were off and on for an hour i was bent over in pain. I was also babysitting for my cousins but thankfully they were in bed before they started.

I've been having them all weekend. I don't know what causes them, other than the fact I'm flaring, which I already know that. My stress level also is through the roof! Which is not helping. Its not really like a gas cramp even though I do usually end up releasing gas along with it, even though it doesn't really relieve or help the pain. I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. I can honestly say this is the worst part of Crohns for me...these pains are unbearable!

I also get sharp pains sometimes when I move. And sometimes when I don't. It makes me very nervous about driving sometimes, because when the pain is really sharp, I have a hard time concentrating on anything but the pain.

Linda .... ME TOO!!

I find myself walking like a snail everywhere I go. When I get those pains I have to seriously limit all physical activity. I've been driving before and had to pull over from them.

Hey Kenyasolovely, Have you tried hyoscamine? My doc had me take it before I ate as a preventative and it hlped w/ cramping a lot! It might be worth checking out. Good luck!

Jenamonkey,

No I haven't heard of or tried that before? What is it commonly used for?

Sounds like something I would definatly be interested in trying!!!