• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling worse on Humira

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Anyone ever had Humira make them feel worse?

I started a little over 2 months ago. Before that, I was having D up to 8x/day. Urgency was terrible. Never knew I had to go until like 5 seconds before I did!

HOWEVER........

Now, although I'm more able to tell when I have to go, when I go to the bathroom, it totally rips me apart, I have bleeding (rectal), stomach pain, and spasms. It's awful. I would give anything to have the D back!!! (Never, ever thought I would hear myself say that.) :eek2:

Does anyone have any experience w/this?

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
BMs are more normal now. D off and on. It's really hard, feels like spikes!!!!!! Causes me to bleed every day :(

Almost feels sometimes like I'm kind of constipated, too. This is more hellish than the damn D!!!!!!!!!!!

farm

Captain Insaneo
No humira but I went through the, sort of, same ordeal not too long ago. Now the D's back. I don't know which was worse for me.

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
When I had the D, it didn't hurt when it came out. Now, it doesn't feel like it's just normal coming out - it kinda does feel like razor blades :(

Peach - "I just want to be normal" is something I say to Josh just about every day.

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
No, hun, I'm sorry. I don't want you to stop saying anything about your own life. It's just that I feel like crap and I'm not getting any answers and am trying not to throw myself a pity party.... and then I look at you, who has SO much going on, so much worse than me, and I feel wicked selfish and childish.

Sorry if that came out wrong. I meant that I feel selfish for complaining, ya know?

Thanks for the hug, and I'm hoping you feel better!!!!!!!!!!

Hi just wanted to share my info. I've been on humira for the past year, and the treatment has gone pretty well with me. I don't have D near as much, in fact it's probably only a couple times a month. Part of that too is I'm eating better. I've found foods that work and eat the same stuff over and over. The routine gets old, but my gut feels better for it. I definitely get some cramps now and then, and the stool feels like it's a rock sometimes, so you're not alone with that. My biggest complaint is that I seem to be tired all the time. I barely make it through work, and then when I get home all I want to do is sleep. I don't know if it's legal in your state, it's not in mine, but smoking pot has helped me a lot. Most recently my work changed insurance companies and I had to do without any medicine for like 2 months. Smoking herb was the only way i could make it through the day. You'd be amazed at the way it seems to dull the cramps and stomach pain. I have random drug testing so it's not an option for me anymore, but fortunately I've been well. Anyway just wanted to share my experiences hope you feel better soon.

Ha, I'm off to se mine this morning. NOT looking forward to it at all. I get a bloody student and he knows bugger all about anything! Public health in a small place has it's issues! I also always feel like I am taking up too much of his time.
I hope you get some answers Ris, and I hope I get some good ones too!
Good luck to both of us :)

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
shazamataz said:
Ha, I'm off to se mine this morning. NOT looking forward to it at all. I get a bloody student and he knows bugger all about anything! Public health in a small place has it's issues! I also always feel like I am taking up too much of his time.
I hope you get some answers Ris, and I hope I get some good ones too!
Good luck to both of us :)
Good luck, Shaz!!!!!!!

Ris - I felt waaaaaaaaaaay worse on Humira, it would make me feel bad for a few days right after the shot and then I'd slowly get better but I'd sometimes even have to go get antibiotics after the shots because I'd get so sick .. the normal stomach stuff plus sinus and chest on top of it ..

Santos61198 said:
Anyone ever had Humira make them feel worse?

I started a little over 2 months ago. Before that, I was having D up to 8x/day. Urgency was terrible. Never knew I had to go until like 5 seconds before I did!

HOWEVER........

Now, although I'm more able to tell when I have to go, when I go to the bathroom, it totally rips me apart, I have bleeding (rectal), stomach pain, and spasms. It's awful. I would give anything to have the D back!!! (Never, ever thought I would hear myself say that.) :eek2:

Does anyone have any experience w/this?

oooooooooooooooo my god! i was SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick from that crap!!!

i took the first shots and i don;t know if it was because im so tiny, but my lord. i was so so sick. i couldn't eat anything but like half a hot dog that day and felt like throwing up for days after. and by the time it came to my second shot, i was like "absolutly not!" i still felt bad and told the dr i couldn't do it and he then told me i didn't listen to him... i was supposed tostay on my entocort while was on it, not quit it when i start. and man oh man. that is NOT what he said. but anyway. yeah. i felt wayway way worse and it's a few months later and i still feel worse than i did before i started. i would never try that again. even if my life depended on it.