• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fever a sign of crohn's flare up?

Hello guys,

I was recently tapered of steroids from 10mg to 5mg to none. It has been a week since I last took steroids. My doctors said my ESR and CRP are not worrying anymore.

So it has been a week since my last dose, and I believe I have a fever. My thermometer broke. Going to buy one tonight. I took Paracetemol 500mg ot relieve the fever. I have headache, eye pain and fever.

I would like to know if you guys think its due to a Crohn's flare or Pred Withdrawal. My bowel movement is normal with mild mucus and no stomach cramping. Thanks

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
A fever can indicate a few different things (virus, flare, infection, etc) so it's probably best to get it checked out. Better safe than sorry, and if it is a flare, it sounds like it's probably the early stages of it so you can hopefully get it stopped before it gets worse. Good luck!

Best to check with your doctor..... Fever is not always present during a flair... I'm currently being treated for a severe flair up with EIM's and no fever.. Coming off prednisone can have all sorts of side effects.... To include feeling like having a fever... But don't guess, get checked out...
Hope it's something easy to fix

David

Co-Founder
I suspect it's not the Crohn's. How are you feeling now? If the fever is persisting or you have other symptoms, I'd communicate it with your GI.

David, it has been 3.5 weeks since stopping steroids. Fever is not persistent but i get low-grade fever once or twice in a week