• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fever and Immunologics

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
What do I need to know about fevers while on Immunologics? Jae is on 6MP and has a 101 temp. She has a bad sore throat, worse than yesterday. (Strep screen yesterday was negative.) Do I chalk this up to a virus and not worry about it, call GI and hear what they say, or other?

my little penguin

Staff member
Immunosuppressants are the same as well
Anything over 100.4
Most times Gi was ok with it
Sometimes wanted bloodwork
Other times watch for xyz
You have to call
Ds was on 6-mp for 8 months

I guess I've never told my GI when I've just had a sore throat or something non GI related. If she starts developing GI symptoms for sure. You're going to get sick more often because of the immunosuppressants unfortunately. Be careful of antibiotic use. I wish i wouldn't have taken so many antibiotics when i was younger bc I feel that's why I struggle with Cdiff so much now.

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
When you say negative strep test - was it a quick test? They are not always accurate....
Yes, it was a rapid test, but they sent it for a strep culture to confirm. I think she many have a sinus infection. Her face is pretty sore and she has orangish drainage going down her throat.

Carolin,
If they weren't worried I would just keep a careful eye on her. If she is not better in a day or two I would call again