• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fevers and Cimzia

:sign0085:So, I've been on Cimzia for about four or five months and it has been the most amazing and effective medicine for me besides the fevers. I've recently started getting fevers, at first it was just once a week. Then I started getting them around three to four times a week and sometimes two or three times a day for a couple of hours. Now I get them every day and at least two or three times. My doctor says that it's a side effect and he wants me to get my blood drawn but the fevers are worrying me. Does anyone else get these side effects? I am just curious to see how often people get that side effect

nogutsnoglory

It can definitely be a side effect but its good your doctor is aware if it and will monitor you. I don't get fevers on Cimzia but can understand your concern. How high are they going?

Most of the time they're are getting as high as 99 and 100. Other times it will be 102 and 101. I'm starting to wondering if it's a stomach infection too, I've been getting sick like I have to throw up but now I'm starting to throw up a little (as gross as this may sound) I have really really bad diarrhea.

nogutsnoglory

Well any kind of infection your body might be fighting can cause fever. Fever is just a sign something is wrong in the body. Be sure to tell your doctor all your symptoms.