• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally accepting my diagnosis...

I am new to this site and disease as I have just recently come to terms with a 12 year old diagnosis. Im so excited to have people to talk to that can relate and provide so much ensight as this website has already been a life saver! On my 17th birthday, I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I was given a RX but was only on it for a few months before finding out I was pregnant so I was told I could stop taking it. Due to a lack of health insurance and that "superwoman" mentality, I never really did much with it for the last 12 years. However, a few months ago I became severly ill and was forced to take action. Fortunately nothing major is required as of yet. I started Remicade on 2/4/14 and have shown drastic improvement. I feel like this is all so new to me though. I did some research on the disease when I was first diagnosed but so much has changed since then! My hair has been falling out like crazy and is really depressing me because like most women, I love my hair! Not too much else to report at this moment other than I am so thankful for this site and all of the people willing to share something so personal. It has made such a big difference in my life in such a small amount of time! Oh and I am believing the Lord for remission!

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum! It's so good to see that you are taking action and getting to grips with your disease, hopefully this time round you can get into stable remission and stay there.

It's good to see that the remicade is doing it's job, and you are improving. Just a friendly word , crohns is sneaky, it lets us get comfortable then jumps on us when we least expect it, so make sure your doctor is monitoring your progress with bloods and stool samples, if for any reason you're unhappy with the way things are going, make sure you say something and don't come off meds without medical supervision. Do you mind if I ask how your symptoms are at the moment?

Everyone here is friendly and no one will judge you, feel free to share whatever you feel comfortable with and always remember that whatever happens we will always do everything we can to support you.

Thanks for such a supportive reply! These last two days have been not so pleasant due to "aunt flo" being in town. That always makes my stomach worse. But prior to that, I would have to say almost nonexistent but granted it has only been three weeks since my first treatment.

valleysangel92

Staff member
That sounds really good :) stress is a known trigger for many people, and as you say it is early days so there will be some periods where you maybe don't feel so good, but it's good to see that you are feeling so well. Don't hesitate if you have any questions

Hello JazzieFay :welcome: there is definitely lots of support on here if you have questions don't hesitate to ask. Make sure to check out the Prayer and Support forum.