• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally Admitting I'm Not Well

Well, hello. I've never been a part of a forum or support group for this aspect of my life, but, I feel like I've hit a bit of a wall and that it's time I finally admit to myself that this is really a part of me. I think most of my hesitation toward this is that I've never wanted Crohn's to define me. I'm me, mama of 2, wife to an awesome husband, programmer at an amazing youth centre and do all sorts of fun things, that's what defines me.

I'm definitely not a stranger to this disease though. I've had a bowel resection surgery, been on steroids twice before and am facing steroids again. All in 6 years. I eat terribly healthy, exercise and take generally good care of myself. Something I haven't been able to control however is my stress, and that seems to have gotten me this time around. I realize looking back over the last 6 years that I haven't really let myself believe that this was happening to me. I think it's time. Thank you for having this group, I think I'll be on here in the future.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I do want to encourage you. Addmiting you have crohn's and don't feel well at times doesn't mean it's defining you. It's a part of your life but that is it. You're still defined by those things you want to define you. May I add something else to the list of things that define you? STRENGTH.

Sending you my support.

dave13

Forum Monitor
Welcome

Yeah,it is rough to admit to yourself you have Crohn's Disease.It is not an admission of defeat,just a fact.Stress can do us harm.Look at all you have accomplished while denying CD.I'm sure you will accomplish more now you acknowledge what you are going through.

I find tenacity to be a trait shared by many an IBD'r. Add that to the strength DJW pointed out you already have and your "awesome husband" and ...well,who knows? Good luck!