• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally getting a colonoscopy

finally getting a colonoscopy

Hello,

So I was finally booked for a colonoscopy! It will be next Thursday and I am praying it will give me some answers. My doctor wanted me to wait 3 more weeks and I said absolutely not, my pain is getting progressively worse and I can not deal with it for another 3 weeks soo they got me in next week :) The cramps and pain have been getting worse, like so bad to the point that I am sweating and dizzy. And, to make matters even worse I am down to going to the bathroom once a day, if I am lucky. I'm sure that could be contributing to the cramps? And I have lost 8 pounds in a week and a half, which is kind of nice since I could stand to lose 20 lbs lol. It's just so hard to eat when I don't have an appetite and I know it will most likely make me very nauseaus after I eat it. Oh well. I'm just happy I will be getting the colonoscopy soon (not looking forward to the prep) and my doctor can figure out what is wrong with me...

Thanks again everybody for all your support you've given me since I've been on here :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey Lauren,

By the sounds of your symptoms I'm sure you couldn't wait another three weeks!!!

It's good to hear the scope will be this week and I hope it gives you the answers you need....................

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

All the best, :)
Dusty

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Best wishes for -- good -- answers soon, Lauren. Hope the scope goes really well.

As someone who is also going through a lot of pain as well, I can empathize that you certainly can't wait another three weeks. Hopefully this colonoscopy can shed some light on your situation and get you a better treatment plan. Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Good luck with your scope! You'll do fine with the prep. It'll be over before you know it! :D

Astra

Good Luck Lauren with the scope, fingers crossed that you get some answers!
xxxxxxxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Good for you , sticking to your guns and standing your grounds! I finally caught on and I knew my body and I know when something is wrong ,but I dont fear colonscopies, had so many lost count ;). The catch anything creeping up and getting infected. I hate eating jello tho,next scope, scratching jello of my list! Keep us posted ok. Good luck,fingers crossed for ya!

Don't worry about the prep, it's not as awful as it used to be. My doc just had me take four Dulcolax tabs, followed by 255 grams of Miralax (8oz/hr 'til bowels run clear or it's gone). Miralax can be mixed with any of the approved clear liquids. It dissolves completely, you can't even taste it at all. I was surprised. You could use lemonade, iced tea, clear juice, or of course Gatorade. It really doesn't affect the flavor of the drink you choose. You'll do fine. The c-scope itself is a breeze also, they give you pain meds and meds for sedation. Most likely you'll be out the whole procedure. It only takes about 30-45 minutes. He'll probably tell you his opinion of what he saw, but biopsy results will take a couple of days.
Best of Luck. Hope you get the answers you're looking for.