• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally Got Approved for Humira!!!!!!!

I am getting my first (loading) dose this Wednesday.

A switch to a new insurance carrier and boom.....I'm approved!

I am sooo praying that I can finally say goodbye to this pain in the azz fistula!

Keeping my fingers crossed.

That`s great Mike!!!! ! Hope your Fistula heals soon!!! I understand how you are feeling!!!! I have at least 1 fistula, possibly more! I want my life back!!! It affects you in so many ways!!!!

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Now comes the worrying of the side effects and reactions.

I am a chronic worrier, so it's normal for me to worry! HaHaHa!

From reading and talking to a few of us Crohnies who are on Humira/Remi they all say the benefits greatly out weigh the risks.

I'm ready to go!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
That is great Mike!!!!!! Don't worry about the side effects, I react to every drug and did not Humira but it was too mild for me and didnt work. This could be your drug and get you into remission, keep us posted and congrats!!!:)

Thanks to all for the well wishes.

It has been a struggle to get the Humira approved. The new Ins Co had no problem with it.

It has been an emotional roller coaster.

I am eager although nervous, but I must try it.

Again, thanks soo much.

Mike

Hey Mike...how are you feeling since your loading dose? I got mine on Friday...haven't really had any side effects...can't tell a difference yet...hoping it works though (for all of us)!

I feel perfectly fine! I was waiting for some type of reaction, but none occured.

I am now awaiting the closure of my perianal fistula.

Time will tell, but so far, so good.

Good Luck to you!