• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally i dont feel such a freak

hi guys ,47 year old been struggling for 10 years , cant tell you how much joining this forum has helped me , didnt know there were so many people who dont mind speaking so openly about this .
cant remember Not having bowel problems , for years now doc kept saying probably just IBS last time i saw him he says GO EAT SOME PORRIDGE , so changed doctors , first visit , explained everything , from eye flare ups to swollen knees waking up in middle of night doubled up in pain running to toilet .having to get up hours before i leave the house , planning routes with access to toilets , the pain in my belly when having D can only be on a par with child birth , and in one sitting bunged up to start then explosion hot sweats and nausea , sorry rambling now just so glad to share with like minded people ,
My lovely new doctor reaction was quite unexpected , she actually listened , she says her gut feeling is Crohn's possibly UC ,and booked colonoscopy , i could have hugged her , dont get me wrong ,i`m terrified but i just want to know ,there has been bowel cancer in family too.
i have procedure on wed , sat here hugging my gurgling budda belly "thats what my other half calls it" cos ive not long eaten , panicking as it get closer ,THANKYOU to everyone on here , as now i dont feel so alone :)

Hi, and welcome to the community! I'm so glad you finally had a positive experience with a doctor, and are on the way to diagnoses! Good luck with your colonoscopy. Keep us posted? Big hugs from a fellow pooper, lol!!!!

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello, welcome to the forum, I'm so glad you've found us and you've found a doctor that listens and wants to help. Good luck with your colonoscopy, I know it's hard but try to relax, the more relaxed you can be the easier it is. If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask, we're all here for you!

nogutsnoglory

You are definitely not alone on here. I I hope your colonoscopy will finally give insight as to what your legacy will be here and postoperative.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome to the community :) Obviously I wish you didn't need to find us, but considering your predicament, I'm glad you did! I am SO GLAD you got a competent doctor finally. While I pray you don't have Crohn's disease, I think the colonoscopy will finally get you some answers. Please do keep us updated :)