• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally joined, here's my story

So I was diagnosed with Crohn's about 6 years ago. Then and still now my inflammation is located at the end of the small intestine. Started with Pentasa til I switched doctors and was recommended Humira. Been on Humira for 2 years now with other stuff added along with it from time to time but no luck. Budesonide was really helping until my employer changed insurance companies and I could no long afford my portion of the cost. The Humira has slowly lost it's effectiveness over time. For now I'm on Humira every other week and 5mg of prednisone daily. My doctor recently suggested Cimzia so I'm doing my research to decide if I want to go that route. I hate it not only cuz of what the disease does to me, but also my employer. Yes, you read that right, my employer. I work for a small business with the nicest owner anyone could ask for. And I'm by far the most costliest to insure all because I have Crohn's. But he still talks to me before making insurance choices to make sure I'm getting what I need. Well that's my story. Been using the forum for information for a while now so it's about time I registered and post

Mitch

Hello and welcome to the forum. It's so nice to hear that your employer has been supportive, so many times I have read on the forum that its not that way.
I am about to start cimzia on Monday after I have failed a few other options including humira. I hope that you can find a treatment that works for you :ysmile:

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum.
2 years ago they found out that I have Crohns & colitis.
I also have Lupus so that does not help it also.
They told me that I also have a Anal Fistula and I am finding it so hard with all the pain its giving me.
I still have to go get a MRI to know the location.
Doctors will not move to do anything until I have the MRI, I feel like coming up my food always ,and the pain of sitting is so bad.
I have an infection that breaks open when ever it wants and bleeds like crazy.
Im getting so angry always because of the pain, I just say I don't want it anymore.
I do not know what to do when it gets so bad.
I'm scared to go to the hospital to sit for 5 hours to be told we can't do anything until your MRI is done. Meaning I have to suffer 3 more months of terrible pain.

Hi
Welcome to the Forum . Sorry to hear you have Crohns and Im sure like me you find a lot of help and support on this forum. Having a good employer is a godsend and it should ease your mind a little . deciding on drugs is never easy but i believe you are right to have a good read first as many times doctors are grasping at straws and not entirely sure them selves.
Hope you get ease soon .
Peter