• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally Joined

Hi my name is Sarah I am 20 and pretty active in other social medias with Crohnies. I decided to join to day because I just got news from my doctor that I can no longer do Humira and am out of maintenance drug options. I am quite shook up and depressed about this and am looking for some support and ideas. I am an open book. I don't really know what else to say ha.
Please help?

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Sarah
Welcome to the forum.
Has Remicade been mentioned as an option?
Q Biologics is running a clinical trial which is a treatment for crohn's called Site Specific Immunomodulation.It is a vaccine.
There is plenty of information regarding the company and the trials..
If you click on the search button above and enter QBiologics you will find the information.Dr Hal Gunn has a video explaining it all.
There will be others in the forum who undoubtedly be along to support and advise you.
The forum is pretty international so there are different times zones involved.
Take a good look around the different sites and articles in the forum, you will find loads of information.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

theOcean

I know that Simponi is another Biologic that's been approved in the US and Canada recently. When I was reading up on it, it was mentioned repeatedly that it's meant for people who have had Remicade and Humira fail. (I may have to go on it soon, as I'm allergic to both, unfortunately.)

Hello Sarah and welcome so sorry you are feeling depressed sending :ghug: your way. I agree with Trysha & Ocean there are other Biologic Therapies available there is lots of information on here so make sure you check out the Treatment Subforum. Take care and hope you get to feeling better soon :ghug: