• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally managed to get an appointment..

After 7 days of struggling and trying desperately to get someone to listen to me and help me, I have had a call back from the hospital IBD team who are meant to be looking after me.

The woman I spoke to clearly had no idea of what had been happening the last few days, so there's been nothing put on my notes and no communication between anyone which doesn't fill me with confidence.

They've offered me an appointment at 3pm on Friday and I've got to take with me 2 stool samples and go for an xray before I go to the clinic. What bothers me is that by Friday my symptoms may have eased off and the results wont be as accurate as they would have been had they seen me sooner. I know for a fact that I'll go in there and they will try and make out that there is nothing wrong with me.

In this day and age, it shouldn't be so difficult to get your voice heard when you need help with your health. We have a chronic illness that can make us extremely poorly, and I wish that just for one day they could feel how terrible we feel so they can understand why we ask for help and NEED it.

Slightly gross suggestion so I'm sorry but is it worth doing one stool sample now and the other on Friday so you are getting one sample of you at your worst?
Also wondered about a symptoms diary so even if you're feeling better Friday you've got some evidence of how bad it's been?

Good luck.