• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally Some Light!!

Hi All
Dont often post but do read alot it has been a great help, have had a rough 8mths -long hospital stays and restricted mobility in no particular order:
Massive Flare . Fistula-Complex. 3 Surgeries for Seton in Fistula,
One Botched Surgery resulting in Fissure with muscle spasms(never encountered pain like it in all my life).
3 weeks later Back to the Emergency Dept for Botox injection. Have lost 3 and a half stone(50lbs),
Have gone from Healthy regular Gym goer to a Barely able to walker :)

Anyhows I am on Remicade which has done nothing for my Fistula but my Crohns symptoms are currently controllable , I started vaping small amount of Cannabis to help at my lowest point and it literally pulled me up off the floor,gave great relief and gave me my appetite back,,

I did not think I would get my life back anytime soon and
It has been extremely humbling experience but I am finally returning to work tomorrow after 6 and half months of Hell,,My butt is still sore but things are good,,I have good hope for the future and am wanting to get off Remicade in about 6 months ,,and maybe try LDN or FMT but sure we will see,

Seeing some Light at the end of Tunnel so just thought I would share as I have found some of the positive posts on here very helpful at my lowest points,,,

Thanks all and whatever you loose to this disease dont ever lose HOPE
All the Best
Cleg

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello there

I'm so glad to hear that you are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think we've all had times where we've thought we'd never get our lives back.

I hope the return to work goes well and you keep going from strength to strength.

Keep that positive attitude :) .

Hi Cleg, You've had a hard time of it. This disease can bring you to your knees at times. I'm glad that you're finally feeling better. Fistulas are awful, I hope you find something that will help. You're right, never lose hope. Tomorrow is another day. :ghug:

Hi Clegg, you sure have been through a lot the past few months. Glad you are finally starting to feel better. Hope that you can find a good treatment plan that works for you. There are quite a few people who take LDN on this forum. I'm sure they can give you some good advice.