• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally Starting Remicade

DJW

Forum Monitor
Well the long awaited call came today. I'm booking my first loading dose of Remicade next week. Remicade and other biologics were not on the market when I was first diagnosed. I wonder how my life would have been if they were around. Just curious. :thumleft:

Hopefully this multi year flare will finally come to an end.

Saturday is my first infusion.
DJW, how has the Remicade treatment gone? I too was diagnosed long before biologics were around, and I am also from Ontario (but live in Vancouver now). I have been on Humira for a year and a half but it stopped working. I am waiting for Pharmacare approval and will hopefully start Remicade next week or so. I'm a bit nervous about possible allergic reactions. Did you notice an improvement right away or did it take some time?