• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally.....

Hey everyone,

Well as of today I have finally got a diagnosis that I have Crohn's disease. Been on prednislone for the past 3 weeks now and really feel excellent. Got to keep tapering and be on it for the next 6 weeks but I don't mind. After that I will need to go on maintenance medication.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Glad you're feeling well. Won't congratulate you on having crohns but at least you know and can start treatment.

Ah, I guess that's good news in a way. A time for mixed emotions. It's a relief, isn't it, to finally know why you've been feeling unwell and to have a treatment plan. Hope you'll continue to feel well and that the meds will get things under control for you x

Yes, it is good to know what you are dealing with, so I will congratulate you on getting a diagnosis. I am sorry you have to deal with this though.

Welcome! Getting an answer to your struggles is an amazing feeling, the road doesn't end here but you will find lots of support with us if you need it best of luck fellow Crohnie :)