• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finaly some uplifting thoughts!

I had a appt today with my new doctor and it seemed to go really well- he was super nice, talked to me for a while, was informative, and just generally cool! Dr. Tomas is the first new doctor I've seen since I was dx by my old Doctor as well so this is very uplifting for me. this is especially great because I've been having a hard time lately with one of the worst flare ups since I was dx ten years ago. Plus this weekend has been very painful stomach wise

He is strongly considering switching me to Humira (pending some lab work from my 6MP, a colon, and a TB scratch) but I am very excited about this. Ive been on the 6MP for ten years now and I fall out of remission every two years like clockwork.
Anywho- just a good day finally with a little ray of hope I think and sometimes that just makes all the difference!:banana:

Ive been on the 6MP for ten years now and I fall out of remission every two years like clockwork.
----
How big are your biannual flare ups? To be quite honest, if they aren't extensive and you got 2 years of good remission in between, I'd say you are quite successfully treating your Crohn. What is the rational for starting you on Humira? Has your condition been deterioting lately?

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Hi gmarks,
Welcome to the forum.

You are right, the more positive we are the better we feel. I'm very glad that you feel good about your new Dr. that means alot to a person with crohns. The first GI I had was a fool. I saw him 4 times and every time it seamed like I was bothering him. He would say, "why are you here you need to see the surgeon" and, "they didn't send me all your records" or, "theres nothing I can do for you" The last time I saw him he did the same crap so I looked at him and said," You know Dude, your fired, you are an ass. do you understand that".....After I had my reversal and was in the hospital recovering (I had a new GI by then) and was talking a walk around the halls and I saw him at one of the stations doing some paper work so I said, "hello assho$%", and he said, "so, I though they were going to sew your colon to your mouth" and I said, "NO, they reserve that for an assho&* like you" "GO GET IT DONE<<<<CHUMP::::: and walked away. (btw, I never paid the last bill from that GI eather, it's only $27.00, they can go, you know where.)

Jim (Pops)

Some years are worse than others, but to be honest lately I've been feeling a lot like I did before I was dx symptom wise- especially with the stomach pain which as gotten to the point that I just need something to change.
TBH I'm a little worried that he 6MP is starting to affect me more symptom wise than it did when I started as well (Ive heard that this is sometimes the case after you have been on it for a while) Ive noticed things like losing more hair etc that make me think this treatment has run its course. This is actually not the first time a doctor has suggested I change, but before I wasn't in a position financially/insurance wise to consider it

Angrybird

I am really pleased that you have had a good experience with your new doc, that is so important with a disease like this. Out of interest have your vitamin levels been checked at all? Do you follow any type of diet? If you have not already then do check out our Humira sub forum under our treatment section to have a chat with the folks here about being on it.

Wishing you all the best.

AB
xx

I have not had my vit levels chked recently, and I dont follow a specific diet- more that I just cut things out when I notice they are bothering me, for instance atm I am not eating beans because they were causing me pain. One time I cut out wheat, and sometimes I cut out heavy roughage except for spinach... just depends. I find that different things trigger me sometimes.