• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First Anniverary for Azathioprine (Imuran)!

Well today marks my son being on azathioprine for exactly 1 year! Where did that year go? I never thought I'd get used to giving him what initially seemed like such a dangerous drug but I have. Do I wish he didn't have to take it? YOU BET. But it no longer seems so bad.

If I compare the kid in front of me today with the kid I had a year ago it is amazing. His weight is back up, he can go to school for the whole day, he can go play with his friends, he is skiing up a storm, he is no longer living on the toilet, etc., etc. Thank you azathioprine! :ybiggrin:

Fabulous! Thanks for the reminder of why we choose these seemingly horrible (at the time at least) drugs is so they can get to that point. Hope out lasts forever!

Tesscorm

Staff member
What a great post!!! I so glad he's doing well!!!

And, WOW, it's been a year!?!? It did fly by... I remember when he was just starting out with EEN and actually finding some fun with the whole NG tube experience! (Hope I'm not mistaking him with someone else!!! :eek:)

Great to hear!! :D

Wow.. That's so good to hear! :-D..

I really hope he continues to be happy and healthy, and just able to be a child!

:ghug: