• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First day back at work...

I did ok (btw at GNC you work byyouself btw so any breaks or sit downs occur while your not dealing witha customer so it can get prettty bad at times... Well, sicne your in control of everything in the store from phone calls, questions, ringing people up, the whole nin yards....

I was give out by the end of the day.... Sunday we are only open from 12-5:30, but I porved to myself that I could do it... Granted I'm taking a 500000000000000 supplments to allow me to work.... The simple fact that I can work now is good...

That's the first step on to teh promation they have owed me for 2 years... Manager is leaving, we have an assistant manger (she will be the new manager and hell no I don't want to be manager) so I will get promoted up... Hopefully also I will get classfied as a full-time employee at GNC... Assistant Mangers get nothing other than a pay increase... Same benfits as sales associates which suck... Full time people get the works as far as medical, dental, hospital, prescrption, short and long term disability that kind of thing... But in order for me to get that a new "full time" position has to be created for that store... So unless they grante me that by Jan or a lil after Jan that they WILL make me a full time employee than I'm gonna look for something different that does have benefits...

I can't stay on as a disabled dependent on either my mom's or my dad's insurance for too much longer (age cut off is 24)... Their is no way I could get a personal policy...

Ohhh well back to work I did ok I took my pills... I was late 15 minutes opening the store, but since it is a Sunday no one cares... Plus this was my first day back in work in like a month and a half... Also had to get my brother to drive me since I take Atavain to help with the jitters of the predniosone, but atavai n is valium based so it works on the brain just like alchol..... I'm not ever going to drive anywhere drunk on valium I get people to drive for me if I think I can't drive....

But any way work was ok I didn't die... I needed more time to eat and rest but I was running late getting to the store... Today I'm gonna make sure I eat before going and also to have food for while I am there... PLus I always have my 4 bottles of supplements with me. Yes i said 4 bottles... 2 are for prescription stuff
2 are for vitamin/minerals/herbs/sports supplements...

Yes certain sports supplements can help crohn's patients... If you want to ask me about any of that stuff then check my sub board under the treatment page...

Ok I'm done ranting...

Have a.... Well Day... I hate morninings.... I like nights much better...

Cya guys,

Daniel

X

xrayzerase

hey daniel--just wanted to say:
so glad you are back at work :) :)
andrea

S

Skinsfan1229

Good Luck.

And what is this disabled dependant insurance GNC? I have never heard of it honestly. I'm on disability but by the social security office.

M

meowsie

Congrats on getting back to work and surviving your first day, Daniel! I know that took lots of guts (pardon the pun). WTG!

Disableed Dependent is a classifaction of Insurance under my dad (I'm under my Dads blue cross and blue shield insurance) Normaly once you hit past 18 or 19 they kick you off unless you are in college.... Well since I can't go to college due to my health I should be kicked off my dad's insurance? No that would be bad... I would die then... So, you can get a doctor to classsify you as a disabled depenedent (this isi compeletly different from federal, or state disability it only applies to the insurance company) Basicly stating that I can not work enough on my own to supppliment my own income and get my own insurance.... You can still work if you are a disabled dependent just not as a "full time worker" yes at many jobs including mine you can work a 39 hour work week and not be a full tiem employee.... If you do become a full time employee somewhere then they will get wise and kick you off.... Right now I'm aiming at working at around 25-36 hours a week....

Soon also I'll get a nice rise of a whole $2 by becoming assisstant manager...

In the mean time I have also looked into this mutual funds thing crap deal...

I go to the meeting tommmorow... It is with one of the major mutiual fund/life insurance/other debt crap group things.....

Yes it is real....

Lucky for me the state of alabama in it's grace can grant me a temp liseance without me having to take a singe test (6 months I get a liseance so I can sell stuff without even knowing about it in theory) after 6 months you take your test get your real liseasnce only $50 more and the company reimburses you for the test.... Liseasnce as far as I know in alabama is permanent once you get it so that means no more money spending by me...

So this nonsensical ramble means is that I have something to study and look over (books on mutial fund and insurance crap) at the 1-6 am I am chronicaly up.... Also on the days when I am up I like to talk A LOT..... So my sister-in-law doesn't kill me and also so I can have some more social interaction I will be leaving my house to talk to people about training and said funds etc etc.... Thus giving me another hobby and one that pays me money.... And also keeps my sister-in-law and brother from killing me by being up and about and talking whenever they are their.... But that is perfect for a salesman....

Work is ok..... It takes me 4 hours to prep but its ok....

I have to eat, take pills, fix pills to take with me, fix food for work, get dressed for work, fill my gnc/twinlab cup with ice and poweraid, primp myself, (I work in sales) then I'm finnaly out of the door.... Takes about 3-4 hours... But once I'm at work I don't have to leave because I have EVERYTHING that I could possible need...

I take my 5 bottles of pills with me...

2 med bottles

3 supplement bottles

Update I feel like a normal person with lots of energy now.... I got my supplement diet plan down and I'm starting training for a second job too with Primeacare (I don't have a boss and I do everything on my own once I get my training done which will be by the end of the month since I'm up 30+ hours every day and only sleep 3-5 hours at a time and still feel healthy and fine so long as I take my 70+ pills and eat at the right times and stick with my diet.... If I change anything and I do mean anything it screws me up for anywhere for a few hours to a few days....

Thats great GNC Man. I hope soon you can go to work though without the 70 plus pills but as for now thats awesome. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Working around 25-36 hours now a week... gonnna try to keep it around 30 or so hours a week...

Also I'm taking a second job as a Primerica sales rep.... Should have all of my certifications for that by Jan.... After that I will be able to do pretty much anything that involves money either by referal or able to do it myself....

Their part of the CitiGroup Umberalla that specilizes in getting people out of debt...

While the rest of CitiGroup gets people into debt.....

So they have a nice happy evil cycle of money going on and that's why CitiGroup Umberlla is the biggest business entitty in the world.... (They gross over a trillon dollars a year)......

But I get to make money and help people so I'm fine for working as an independent contractor (I'm my own boss with my own hours)... Gonna have my first certs by around the 24th..... Then I get to train for my securities liseance so I can sell everything else.... Then everthing else is just a one time fee... Or so I'm told.... I'll see how it goes.... Not planning on making a lot of money with this job but it will be giving me a second source of income by Jan plus it gives me training in stuff I was already intersted in.... And if GNC decides to screw me over and not give me the full time posistion I'll be able to do it as a job and pray I can find a personal buisness group insurance plan I can buy into....

So I'm keeping my options open....

I want to work for GNC but if I'm unable to work 40 hours a week come Jan their not gonna create the full time posistion then GNC gets the finger and I find a job that will give me insurance and benefits....

So my life is work, pills 100+ a day now, food, pooop, hydrating, studying and hopefully meditation somewhere in there, plus some exersice..... Btw I stay awake 30-36 hours sleep 3-5 hours a night and rest (at least one day maybe two) a week....

R

Ruthg

Gosh your life is soooooo busy, don't know how you manage it, I certainly couldn't, credit where credits due and all that. I'm currently on long term sick leave, but when I was at work, my boss was so tight that I wasn't even able to have a proper break in a 12 hour shift. Anyway, don't need to stress over my crap job, crap working conditions and no benefits right now, we could be here a while otherwise!!!!!

Hope all works out at work for you, try not to overdo it though, it really isn't worth it . x