• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First Follow Up since Remi - Update

So I have had 2 remicade infusions so far, my next one will be on 3/28. I had my follow up with the GI's PA today and it went really well. I had a lot of questions for her, especially regarding how to balance my diet and whether to follow my food sensitivity results right now or not. She gave me lots of ideas of things to eat, and she also said I can try to follow the food sensitivity stuff at a later point if i feel I can and want to. (I tested sensitive to dairy, eggs, gluten, soy, garlic, green beans, beef, and pineapple and a few others - so long list that takes away most of what I currently eat but leaves the foods that I give me UC symptoms). I will continue on Asacol until July to make sure Remi is working well with the 8 week intervals before they take me off it. She also took a look at my bottom since I am still having blood on the toilet paper which I thought was hemorrhoids but she said that's not the case; what I actually have is a tear in the skin as well as skin breakdown and that is what is causing me all the irritation and blood so she is having me start using a skin barrier cream 1-2x a day to help with that. She spent 35-40 minutes with me and I wish all doctors offices were as great as theirs. I felt so much better about everything leaving there, and so happy the Remi is working well so far. I hope it continues! I go back again in 3 months for my next follow up so hopefully it will be equally good.