• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First Remicade Update

Hi All - I had my first Remicade treatment yesterday.
Other then having to sit there for 3 hours it was a painless experience
I was feeling pretty crappy on Wed & actually feel quite a bit better. Not sure if its the remicade thats making me feel better since it is supposed to take a lot longer to work!!!
next treatment is in 2 weeks - hopefully everything continues to improve!!

I

Isla

Yes, ditto. Hope it works for you and continues working for you!

I hope it works for you. Remicade side effects vary a lot between individuals. It sounds like you had minimal or none, which is great. :)

Remicade works pretty instantaneously for me too. I'm exhausted after the infusion, but I feel so much better the next day! Good luck with the rest of your infusions!

Thanks! - I dont think i had any side effects - at least nothing i can attribute driectly to the remicade
& im still feeling great!!
i had a great labor day weekend & was able to eat all the fun stuff i have been afraid of in the past!