• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First time on here

Back again need help

hello again haven't been on in awhile, chrohn'xs is flared up bad. Have been in hospital, had to get 4 units of blood seems remicade messes up my bone marrow so i can no longer take any immune suppressants. on 50 mg. prednisone. Doc says surgery or Drug trials, gonna try trials I guess. Any suggestions? home remedies I am hurting and frustrated! help pleasw

Last edited:

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, I am sorry to hear at you continue to feel so poorly :(

When did you have the resection? When was the last time things were checked inside and are you on anything in addition to the Pred? Diet wise was does spring to mind is Enteral Nutrition, this has been shown to have as good a result as steroids and can really help with giving the 'ol tum a rest, it is liquid only but might really help.

Also have you ever had any of your vitamin levels checked? If not ask you doc about this especially your B12, crohnie's can suffer from deficiences in this area especially after resections.

AB
xx

I am currently on Remicade, prednosone, Imuran, mesalisine, and omeprzole. I get a B12 shot every month. The diet thing is what I have trouble with, I think. I have stopped eating fried foods, fresh vegies, spicy foods, beans, and really only eat soft foods. But still have lots of symptoms. How do I find out what trigger foods are, I only just read that there is such a thing. I was in the hospital 2 months ago with a blockage (my first) and have been in a flare for so long I don't remember when it started. The meds are not working and I am tired of this I have no quality of life.

Angrybird

What does your I doc have to say about the continued symptoms? I would say to find out properly your trigger foods you would perhaps need to go onto a liquid only diet, not only does this give the tum a rest but you also then - usually under the guidance of a dietician - can gradually introduce foods and you can then keep a diary of what gives you problems.

Hi I am sorry you are so poorly.
I agree entirely with what Angrybird says.
I hope you find some relief soon.

hello again haven't been on in awhile, chrohn'xs is flared up bad. Have been in hospital, had to get 4 units of blood seems remicade messes up my bone marrow so i can no longer take any immune suppressants. on 50 mg. prednisone. Doc says surgery or Drug trials, gonna try trials I guess. Any suggestions? home remedies I am hurting and frustrated! help pleasw