• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First time posting

Hi everyone!
This is my first time posting! I have visited here so many time and got so much information and answers I need but never posted until now~

My story: I am a 24 year old female that started having symptoms at age 13( mouth ulcers, weight loss, hair loss, anemia, b12 high ESR, platelets, extreme abdominal pain, diarhea etc.)
Since then back and forth with doctors flareups, medications, steroids, etc.....

I havent had a HUGE flareup in a couple of years just small ones here and there but this winter has been bad. I had a really painful perianal fistula in december which kept opening up and bleeding. My gastro ordered for a colonscopy right away( I am not a fan of my gastroenterologist ) and said he saw nothing (although Im sure my crohns is in the terminal ileum which i heard is sometimes difficult to see via colonscopy) and that I must be fine, although I wasnt. He put me on flagyl and cipro, which I had an allergic reaction to.

Anyway, long story short, Ive been sick since December. Abdominal pain,
diarhea, bruising on abdomen, and constant colds and infections since december. Ive had pneumonia, the stomach flu 3 times within 1 week, 3 serious sinus infections, the regular flu,....so right now i am at my whits end but now saying "Screw the doctors" and doing some more research on my own.

I recently got a blood test back and my results....
C-Reactive protein= 10.2 (Should be less than 8 i believe)
Randon Distribution Width =14.4(11.0-14.5)
Platelets normal =356( 150-400)
ESR 24( 0-12)
RBS 9.3 (3.3-7.8)
AST 42 (6-42)
ALT 90 (4-43)
GGT 40( 5-40)
TSH 1.1 (0.30-5.60)
UA 395( 120-400)
NA 135(135-146)
B12 188
Ferratin 21

My question was, does high liver values have anything to do with crohns? What could it mean?

I am asking to do lots of tests with my doctor: Small Intestional Bowel Overgrowth test, fructose malabsorption( which i may have tested positive before for) intestional permiability assessment, celiac, lactose, and h.pyflori....I know its a lot of test but after so many years of just taking meds or not taking then and "just" getting by, I want some more real and concerete answers~Thank god for universal healthcare although hard to find a test here in Ontario ( though Kingston offers SIBO and McMaster offers fructose and SIBO)

Thank you so much to anyone for your help or advice~:smile:

Hi,
Before I was diagnosed last year I'd been having tests for quite a while and some of my test my liver value was high. But after I've been on my meds it's hasn't been high again.
If you don't like you gastroenterologist you should find a new one. I believe it's important to have a good relationship with your gastroenterologist.

I hope all the tests your getting done get you some relief!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear you are having these difficulties, I agree that if you are having issues with your GI then it is worth looking into seeing another one for a second opinion at least - it is important to have a good relationship with your doc. Have you had any others tests apart from the colonoscopy and do you know whether biopsies were taken during the procedure? Problems further up in the GI tract cannot be assessed during this type of scope so something like a pill cam can be good at moving towards an official diagnosis.

Wishing you all the best and please keep us updated on how you get on.

AB
xx