• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First timer

Hello, my name is Jamie. I've just been recently diagnosed with crohns as of this week. It's all a big surprise to me. I was having problems with what I thought was my stomach for a while. Went into the ER last week with severe stomach pains and diarrhea. Got a cat scan and blood work and was immediately admitted to the hospital. After more tests and lots of blood work, it was official. As of now I guess it's just trial and error. Thanks for adding me here. Hope I can get some advice as well as give some to others.

Thank you. It was said that I have a pretty bad case of crohns. Apparently the inflammation was EVERY WHERE according to the cat scan. I am on Prednisone right now until my GI dr sees me in a few weeks to see how I'm doing. Supposed to be on mesalamine also, but I can't afford that right now.

dave13

Forum Monitor
The important thing is you are diagnosed and you and your GI can devise a plan.I keep a notebook for writing down questions I think of in between Dr. visits.

Thank you. It was said that I have a pretty bad case of crohns. Apparently the inflammation was EVERY WHERE according to the cat scan. I am on Prednisone right now until my GI dr sees me in a few weeks to see how I'm doing. Supposed to be on mesalamine also, but I can't afford that right now.
I don't know whats available in your area but I was able to get a discount card for Mesalamine from my GI doctor. It would be worth it to ask him if they have anything like that for you. I hope you start to feel better soon!

dave13

Forum Monitor
I don't know whats available in your area but I was able to get a discount card for Mesalamine from my GI doctor. It would be worth it to ask him if they have anything like that for you. I hope you start to feel better soon!
Good point.My GI's office does something similar.I am enrolled in the Remicare program for infusions.Maybe there is something similar offered by the manufacturer of Mesalamine.

Went to see my GI. I asked him for a prescription discount card and he gave me one. So now I only have to pay $30 a month! Thank you so much for recommending that!

Went to see my GI. I asked him for a prescription discount card and he gave me one. So now I only have to pay $30 a month! Thank you so much for recommending that!
Thats so good to hear! I am glad I could help, and that it was available to you! :)