• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fistula along with remicade

Hello

I have been dealing with a fistula since 2008. I started remicade at that point. I believe stress is the worst cause of fistulas and Crohn's. Its been a rollercoaster ride all along. Stay away from the things that stress you out. Negative people. The fistula feels better at times but wont go away completely. I honestly think that you should find an aggressive rectal surgeon. Whenever there is pain on your bottom when you bend over or sit down. Its probably a small abscess and not always a fistula. Suck it up and have the surgeon poke and drain it in office. It hurts but within a few days you feel 100 times better. Fistulas are going to be there for life. Its just a matter of keeping it under control. Im fine as long as i dont have to wear a pad, and not feel self conscious around woman. Especially in my sex life. Nothing worse than always scrubbing your bottom when your trying to enjoy a movie or have a nice evening with a woman. Again, If theres pain. it probably needs drained. Soaking in the tub is very important too. Good luck. It could always be worse!

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome. I'm so sorry to hear of your issues with your fistula. While on Remicade, has a surgeon ever placed a seton for you?

One thing I disagree with is that fistulas are for life. They can absolutely be treated and can absolutely heal. I hope you are able to experience exactly that.

All my best to you.