• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fistula with seton advice? Possible fissures

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing well :)

I'm wondering if any of u have experienced this after Seton surgery. I had two draining setons placed on 6th January for rectovaginal fistulas. I have another 3 fistulas that weren't treated at this time.

My question - should i still be in pain after all this time? The most pain is at my anus, the most horrible pain ever, especially right before, during and immediately after a bm. Funnily enough it hurts more during the day, when my bowels only 'dribble'. Not so much pain through the night when my bowels are in full blown 'jobby mode'.

I have a fistula opening right below the entrance to my anus, so i don't know if its this. I have some pain from the other opening nearer my vagina too, and it has a small lump.

I went to my gp today and she said its just the threads rubbing off my skin and irritating it (she said there were red dots where the knots had been rubbing on the skin, but i rotated the setons before my app). She advised sudocream as a barrier cream, and hydrocortisone cream for 2 weeks. Giving it a try.

Frustrating because my bowels are finally settling with little to no stomach pain but i cant get doing anything because i cant sit down normally :(

Should i listen to doc and try creams or call my surgeon? I have an appointment with my new GI on 25th so i could try cream until then and get him to have a look. Or could it be fissures? I know theyre hard to see but horrible to feel!

Wee bit concerned. Anyone have any advice?