• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fixing to start clinical trial

Well after 2 years of Cimzia and tired of being put on Prednisone all the time I have changed gastroenterologists and they are going to start me on a clinical trial from glaxo smith kline. The good thing is that with this drug there is no placebo and it just is some will get one dose and some will get double dose. As long as no complications I can stay on as long as I want and get reimbursed as well. Wish me luck :)

nogutsnoglory

I certainly hope it will help you. I like the fact that you definitely get the drug and don't need to worry that you might be in the sugar pill group.

What's the name of the drug? Or what's the theory behind how it works?

Its called: GSK1605786A. I did a search and apparantly it has already been in study, just new for my Dr.

The only real side effects are what you normally have with crohns.

You can have liver failure if you have celiac disease but they do weekly blood studies to catch it fast.

I dont remember what all the paperwork said but like I said you can google the name and find out some info from previous studies and if I find out more I will post.

I do remember that one group will get 500mg of the drug and a placebo and one group will get 1000mg of the drug. This makes me hopeful that the drug does work and is it that does it mean more works better? Right now I will take anything.