• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Flare up

After years of hospitalizations they finally diagnosed me with Chrons 2 years ago. Treatment started with long term entocourt. Then I developed polyarthritis related to the Chrons so I was put on methotrexate and humira. For two years, I’ve been doing relatively well. No ER visits or hospitalizations. Then this week I had a major flare and ended up in the ER. They gave me antibiotics, but next steps are either to go on entocourt for three months again, increase the Humira, or switch to remicade. I don’t have good veins, and I heard remicade is an infusion. I’m just frustrated and don’t know what is the best thing to do. Is there anyway to get control of this flare up? How long do they usually last? Any advice on next steps or relatable experiences?