• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Flaring again

I have been off Prednisone for three Weeks and my flare is back. Also I have been having problems with my Humira injections.I use the pens and for some reason I am not getting all the medicine. Each time I have medicine run down my abdomen from the injection site.
Anyway the pain and the D are back. I am so tired of this.

Hey! Perhaps you should try the syringe humira? I had that happen once or twice and I think it was because I wasn't pressing hard down enough. Maybe try it in your leg next time too instead of your abdomen? Hope this helps! Ohhh and also I always take my humira out of the fridge at least 20 mins before I took it because it would hurt a lot more when it was very cold.

Aw Hell Doug... You were doing so well the last few times I saw you..

Are you taking Humira weekly? I had an efficacy issue, and ended up taking it weekly to improve my symptoms. It helped for about 8 more months. Probably because I was in pretty bad shape when I was on that stuff.

I also had no idea you were on Pred...!

IDK if it helps, sometimes when I come off the steroid, I have a resurgence of symptoms. Happens every time I get below about 25mg.

I still can't honestly tell you how the LDN is working because I have only been on it a few days. I can say that it hasn't hurt anything, except ability to sleep, and being able to take pain medication..

Can you get any relief from diet modification?

I hope you can get this sorted Doug.. You have a family counting on you, and I am certain this is the last thing you need.

Get better Brother.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh man Doug, I am so sorry to hear this. :(

As Charlotte has said, perhaps the syringe would be better???

When does the medication leak out?

If it is when you withdraw the pen perhaps you need to hold the pen in for a further 5 - 10 seconds before taking it out. Many diabetics have this problem when using a pen and doing this generally overcomes the problem.

Good luck mate, I hope you can get things back under control very soon. :hug:

Dusty. xxx

I'm not sure what is going on with the pens.I have talked to the Humira hotline and they are arranging for a nurse to come out and find out what its going in. My wife gives me the shots because of my tremors in my hands.

I am getting most of the medicine.after all, I feel the sting.

I think I am falling back after going of the pred. But not getting all the Humira is not helping. I am seriously considering the syringe.

Oh man Doug, I am so sorry to hear this. :(

As Charlotte has said, perhaps the syringe would be better???

When does the medication leak out?

If it is when you withdraw the pen perhaps you need to hold the pen in for a further 5 - 10 seconds before taking it out. Many diabetics have this problem when using a pen and doing this generally overcomes the problem.

Good luck mate, I hope you can get things back under control very soon. :hug:

Dusty. xxx[/QUOTE

It leaks out when the pen is withdrawn, but it doesn't seem to matter how long the pen is held.Sandy can see the medicine pool around where the needle is.