• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Flexibility

hey everyone

i had a colonoscopy last week and they has to stop due to the severe pain i was in when they pressed the air in.

They said it could be something to do with the flexibility and laxitivity of my bowel, has anyone ever had this?

they think this is what is cuasing all my pain not my crohns although having a slight flare at the moment x

:kiss:

Hey Stacey,

Sorry to hear about the pain :(

I have not heard about this before but of course it's possible. Every human is different, which is what makes us unique :)

I know that there are great yoga exercises that work specifically to invigorate the digestive system. (i.e. Hatha yoga)

I used to do it 2-3 times a week and it was awesome.

Also, how active are you in daily life? Getting your heart rate up while doing any sort of cardio flushes the intestines and improves laxitivity as well.

These could be some things to consider if what they told you is true. (and also for great health in general :) )

By flare, could you expand a bit on what symptoms you are experiencing?

hey

vomiting, constant dirreahoa, pain after i have eaten, nto as bad as it has been in past though. I can keep some stuff down.

The yoga sounds interesting, where could i learn to do that, would have to be at home mind as have two kids.

They think it is the tablets that is causing it but i have had colonsoscopys before on these tablets and its never hurt like that. This is what i am on:

Athoziaprone
Calichew
Laprizole
Magnesium Hydroxide
Amitriptyline
Codiene (for pain)
metrocloripoide

My spelling is awful buthopefully u can get the jist of what im trying to say.

Stacey xXx

It really sounds like your system is not agreeing with what's coming into the body.

It would be a great help if you were able to list what your diet consists of (day-to-day) because I would then have a much better idea on trigger points and possible problems. (even PM me if you feel more comfortable)

Also, it could very well be all the pills (sometimes it takes things like this to happen over a long-term). Taking into that many chemicals at once is a hard task on the body because you are doing a lot of interfering with its normal functions.

Seem the intestines could possibly be tensing up and doing extra work. (again, the diet information would be very helpful)

As for yoga recommendations, you can easily do the exercises at home. For starters, just go on youtube and type in Hatha yoga. There should be plenty of videos there for you.

I think they would do great, because they would help you start putting your body into alignment and take away all that tension.

With two kiddies I am sure that would come appreciated :)

Keep me informed Stacey!

my three year old would try and do it with me, will have a look tonight,

my diet well to be honest i dont really eat alot due to it hurting when i do. Not helathy or good i know.

I will let you know what my consultant says when i eventually see her x
x

ahaha that's awesome! I hope she likes it :)

I know it can be rough with the diet on top of dealing with your family and other life obligations. However it is the main source of energy for your body and it could be one of the reasons your intestines are having spasms.

If the gut isn't doing what it was meant to do and it is being altered with chemicals on top of having inflammation it will react.

You don't have to eat much food at all, but if you can eat more often I see your symptoms getting much better.

I am willing to help you make a 7-day diet plan that is easy to follow and won't take you much work or energy to follow. In fact I will gladly do this. I know how much better I felt even 3 days after I switched everything 360 degrees.

I am not forcing this upon you by an means and it's 100% your decision, but the question I have to ask is what would you have to lose?

1 day of better health is worth more than all the money in the world.

I know you can do it and so do you, now it's up to you to make the decision on whether you want to wait for your consultant or if you would rather take your life into your own hands and take action.

p.s. let me know how the yoga goes with the little one (can't wait to hear about it :))

Would love to work out a diet with you, espically if it is going to help x

I will going to try it this saturday when i have a bit more time x

I would think the lack of "flexibility" in your bowel is a sign of inflammation. Certainly when there is inflammation in a joint, there is pressure exerted on the surrounding tissue and it firms up the inflamed area. Scar tissue also decreases "flexibility", and it can hurt when they try to inflate your bowels. I agree that it's worth trying yoga, but I don't think it likely will address the issue. The inflammation or scarring needs to be reduced.

Well they didnt get very far and could nto see any active crohns so from what you said guessing scaring. How would they get rid of that?

Hey Stacey,

I had such a busy weekend that I did not get to check in :(

Did you end up making some sort of schedule? PM me if you did, and, just outline common things you do eat and I will muster something up

@shamrock

Agreed could be the problem, but yoga is wonderful for assisting with this type of issue and diet does reduce inflammation if followed correctly (not to mention it's side benefits)