• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Floating

Well, it's been about 3 weeks since this flare started. It's mid summer and I'm just laying around waiting for symptoms to subside. Everyone's out and about, so I figured I'd check into a crohns forum.

I am a 23 year old man.When I was 15 I started having bloody stools and terrible cramping daily. Being young and naive, I wasn't able to differentiate my bowl troubles from other adolescent ails, and I suffered for months without telling anyone. I got weaker and weaker until I was finally admitted for severe anemia.

I hated the doctors and taking pills. To this day I still do not take the mesalamine I am prescribed. I normally will get a bloody stool once a week or so, and a flare or two once per year.
I decided to become self employed in order to avoid complications with health and my work. I do a lot of different freelance work online and don't plan to stop until I have a stable business of my own.
I am vegetarian and I am hoping that this website will have some natural solutions to my problems. I dont usually smoke marijuana but I am interested in medical as a possible avenue of relief.

Hello & welcome to the forum. My daughter is 20 and was diagnosed at age 15. Like you, after years if taking meds, she is not taking any medications now, trying to find natural alternatives that don't include mj. She has found vitamin D3 & folic acid help her the most along with avoiding foods which aggravate het symptoms. Keep looking and you will find a natural way to control this disease.

I wish you the best!