• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Flying to Toronto, w/o my meds!

Hi, My name is Cliff. Here is some background info: I am a 23 year old canadian. I was diagnosed with Crohns 5 years ago. For the last 3 years I stopped taking medication and began smoking ciggarettes heavily and drinking often. I was neglecting my health and being stupid. Today I find myself in a major flare up. I've probably been flaring since December and it is my first major one since being diagnosed in '08. Nothing I eat is properly digested and chronic abdominal and lower back pain are in full swing. The good news? Today marks 7 weeks of no cigarettes or alcohol. And tomorrow I see my doctor. It is worth mentioning that the only thing I have been using to relieve pain is cannabis.

Here is my question:
On Tuesday I fly to Toronto for a business trip. Obviously I will not be bringing any cannabis. I will be there for 6 days in which I will be attending meetings and performing music. What is a good painkiller I should use that won't effect my meetings or shows.

Naturally, these are all things I am going to discuss with my doctor but what do you guys think?

Also anyone know of any good SCD friendly restaurants or bakeries in TO?

Anyways, I'm real new here. Thanks for reading.

Cliff

Hi!

Good for you for stopping to smoke and the alcohol! Those are two things that I gave up too as they used to cause some of my symptoms to flare-up and could be a good cause of your flare-up! :)

I'm from England and usually take buscopan for the abdominal pain! Try and get your hands on it :) I sometimes take it with paracetamol if the pain is really bad!