• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Focal Chronic Colitis

Been diagnosed with this but very very little information to be found anywhere, in severe pain. Biopsy done, the diagnosis is Focal Chronic Colitis, went from divertilicus, to unspecified Colitis to this, my dr is not forthcoming with information, only thing I can find on the net is about focal active colitis.

Does anybody have more information about this?

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I tried to have a look on the internet too for you to see if I could come up with anything striking but didn't have much luck either. The only thing I did find said that "focal colitis" is where the inflammation involves only a short segment? It is my thought only that focal chronic colitis is inflammation that is associated with a localized piece of your colon that is likely to persist for a longer period of time?

I'm sorry if this isn't very helpful and that your Dr is not very forth-coming with information. I'm glad you came to the forum to ask your question and I'm sure somebody here will be able to help out, good luck. :ghug:

The term colitis is nonspecific and refers to any inflammation of the colon. Chronic means long term or reoccurring, while focal means located in one particular point, or that it is localized in one segment or spot, and the inflammation doesn't run throughout your entire colon.