• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Focus Groups/ Research Studies

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Have any of you partaken in either a focus group or a research study for Crohn's Disease? I recently saw in the paper a focus group looking for people with Crohn's Disease, and was curious if any of you had done them before. If you have what types of things were you asked and what was your experience like overall with it?

K

Kate

i havent but i have looked into one and im still deciding wether to go into the reasearch group

There is a world wide study on a new drug at the moment which I think is already being used in USA but not approved elsewhere. The drug trial is to get it approved here in Australia. I went through all the interviews, got accepted but when it came to have blood taken I had a panic attack, I was dehydrated after the 3 hour drive to get to the doctors office and I just couldn't go through with it.

It involved self injecting. Can't remember the name of the drug tho. sorry.

Lisa