• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Food Additive

Lynda Lynda

This is what I have been trying to tell my doctors for years. And they keep telling me “there’s no scientific evidence that what is in our food is causing crohn’s”. They maybe right about crohn’s but I know for a fact food additives bother me.

This is what I have been trying to tell my doctors for years. And they keep telling me “there’s no scientific evidence that what is in our food is causing crohn’s”. They maybe right about crohn’s but I know for a fact food additives bother me.
plenty of evidence. The microbes are particularly fond of fiber like substances, and synthetic emulsifiers in the food system have this quality, but they are not natural, our microbes aren't familiar with them, in a healthy way at least.

Yes they just don’t want to believe me. Not sure why things bother one person and not another. My husband can eat anything and nothing bothers him. But if I eat something with additives in it I am sick within 30 minutes. Not sure why the doctors won’t believe me.

This is a new person question, but what's the difference between processed foods and ultra-processed? Like what would a good example be.