• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Food After Pill Cam Placement -- Did I Ruin My Images?

Hi everyone! A bit of an emergency here!

After a night of bowel prep (dulcolax and then miralax/gatorade), I had my pill cam placed in my duodenum at 11:45am this morning via an endoscopy. I was told to wait four hours before having a light meal (~3:45pm), but I waited until about 4:13pm to eat, so 4.5 hours. At 4:13pm, I ate a slice of pizza, which my nurse said would be ok.

About fifteen or twenty minutes later I had diarrhea, which clearly consisted of the pizza I'd just eaten, since my stool this morning/last night was perfectly clear. I didn't see the pill cam in my stool, but does the fact that my food moved through my digestive system so fast mean that I may have ruined my chances of getting clear images from the pill cam? I just worry, because food (and so pill cams too, I'd assume) typically takes six to eight hours to move through the small intestine. But if the pill is moving at a regular pace and my food is moving fast, does this inhibit the pill's ability to take high-quality pictures? I SO am not eager (nor financially ready) to do another prep or cam-placement endoscopy with sedation, which is why I'm so scared I've done something to mess this one up.

Thanks!